Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Farmer's Markets


I feel like I have been getting robbed after my experience this week at a local farm stand. I have driven by this place about 200 times in my life and never stopped in even though I understand the health and physique benefits of eating locally grown produce. The place is Christopher's Farm Stand in Weymouth, and here is what I purchased:


2 dozen locally laid eggs

1 whole watermelon

1 whole pineapple

2 red bell peppers

2 green bell peppers

3 fresh jalapeno peppers

1 habanero pepper

2 bags of Spinach

1 pound of strawberries

1 large onion

5 cloves of garlic

5 apples of different variety

2 nectarines



Grand total: $28.59


Are you shitting me? I feel like a complete DBag for not discovering this sooner. The next time you are driving or walking past a farmers market stop and load up. Then lug your baskets full of produce home and up a few flights of stairs for a little extra conditioning.

No comments: