Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Athlete Success: Pistol Pete Cronin

Peter Cronin is a freshman goaltender at BC High over on Morrissey Blvd. Pete spent the entire summer and fall training with us over at STS. When we first got Pistol in the gym, he was just like every other typical beginner: lacking basic levels of strength, conditioning, movement quality, and unsure of his physical boundaries. Fast forward to last week's Massachusetts High School Hockey tryouts:

Hi Tom, it's Peter Cronin just letting you know that I made the BC High Varsity squad. I just wanted to let you know how much your program helped me and pushed me to be my very best. There is a very good chance that this wouldn't have happened without you. I look forward to continuing in the future and spreading the word about your gym.

I also received this email from his Dad:

Hi Tom:I echo Peter's comments. He's clearly stronger and recovers much more quickly than he did just a few months ago. Each of the four consecutive nights of tryouts was 2+ hours and he was stronger at the last tryout than he was at the first. The important thing is that he notices the difference and that appears to help his confidence.

Quite an accomplishment Pete! Congratulations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!