Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Friday.

1. When I worked at EMC, Brian Boyson used to send out a mass email that said "Here's to another Van Damme Friday, which featured a clip of JCVD dancing around like a fruit cake. If anyone has access to that please send it over. tom@sullivantrainingsystems.com

2. One of my favorite workouts right now is a squat variation, a chin up variation, and a pushup variation with a rep scheme of 10,9,8, 7...1. 10 squats, 10 chinups, 10 pushups, then 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, and so on with minimal rest. I like front squat, chin up, feet elevated pushup after a good warmup.

3. Jersey Shore. I cannot help but be mesmerized by this show. I want to hate the guys and girls on the show but I am just too entertained. I feel like it is staged, do people really act like that? I want to plan a trip to the Jersey Shore for next summer. Like going to the zoo.

4. I read an article on T-nation today that was one of the simplest/best I have read. It was about must have food and supplement choices. From this, make a shopping list of beef, eggs, broccoli, walnuts, blueberries, chicken, tuna, and greek yogurt. Load up on this stuff, keep the bad stuff out of your house all together. It is impossible to get fat on this stuff. For supplements, I think the average gym goer needs a good protein supplement, a fish oil supplement, and some green tea.

5. My workout music selection has been really weird lately. I guess you can only take so much AC/DC, Rage against the machine, etc. I have been listening to live Pearl Jam, Lynard Skynard, and Bruce Springsteen right now and its been a nice change. Pearl Jam's present tense feel good in particular.

6. Weird one here: One of my go-to business books is the E-Myth by Michael Gerber. There is a section that talks about your primary aim. Here is how he describes it (paraphrased): At your own wake, your friends and family are standing around. From the four corners of the room comes a tape recording of your voice. You are addressing your guests. You are telling them the story of your life. How would you like that story to go? What would you like to be able to say about your life? If you were to write that script, how would you do it? Once you create the script, all you need to do is make it come true.

For me, this is a really strange and thought provoking topic that I struggle with. I guess I just wanted you all to feel as uncomfortable as I do.

Have the best weekend of your life,

Tom

2 comments:

Tamil Home Recipes said...

Good blog.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WrNErNxX1M&feature=player_embedded#