Monday, December 15, 2008

New Exercise! Overhand Tomahawk Loafer Throw

Happy Monday everybody. I want to take this opportunity to start with a link to a video I am sure most of you have seen by now. Here is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm

I would like to extend my thanks to the Iraqi gentlemen for his demonstration on this new exercise. Tonight over at STS in Braintree, I will be having my 4pm group and 6pm group experiment with this athletic movement. I will have the athletes partner up, remove their sneakers and stand at opposite ends of the room. One athlete throws and one dodges the incoming shoes. This is a great bang for your buck activity. You get the overhand explosive throwing movement that will transfer directly to your sport, along with the agility involved in dodging flying Nikes. Everybody wins.

No comments: