Thursday, December 4, 2008

To All of My Buddies Who Work Real Jobs


Tonight I thought I would take a break from posting about young athletes and fire a message out there to any of my friends who work real jobs in real offices with real responsibilities. When I worked at EMC I was able to maintain a decent body and decent fitness levels (not great, decent). I thought I would put a list out on things that I would have done differently to have a better body and better fitness levels.

1. First and foremost, you have to get the diet extra dialed in. Right now I can afford a little bit of crap in my diet because I am on my feet actively training people and demonstrating exercises. When you sit at a desk for 10 hour per day, you can't afford to eat a whole lot of crap. What does this actually mean? Well here is a sample days worth of eating for people who work in offices.

7am: Protein shake and a piece of fruit (if you don't think you need a protein supplement, you are wrong). Metabolic Drive Low Carb Vanilla is delicious and a great product.

9:00am: Breakfast in the cafeteria. Omelet with WHOLE EGGS (better for you), with either wheat toast or small oatmeal accompanied by a gallon of iced coffee. Get rid of the sweeteners and cream. Drink it black, you will learn to love it.

12:00pm: I would get your workout in now, it will charge you up to get on the phone for the rest of the day. You and I both know that after work you are going to put your sweatpants on and get on the couch. Do something with high intensity. If you don't know what to do, or think that bench and curls twice per week is good, email me at tssullivanjr@gmail.com, and I will write a 4 week plan for $49. Even getting on the bike or elliptical for 30 minutes sucks. After your workout have a grilled chicken wrap on wheat and a piece of fruit. A small bag of chips 5 days per week is stupid and I used to do this everyday. 5 small bags equals a massive bag. NOTE: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT CARBS FROM NOW TILL YOU GO TO BED. This feed is your last that includes carbs.

3:00pm: Protein shake, keeps the energy levels high so you don't bonk.

7pm: Dinner and the last time you eat until morning. Dinner has to be lean protein and side of veggies. The only acceptable takeout would be steak tips and veggies, most places in Southie will do this for those of you who live there. Other good options will be fish, chicken, or lean steak with veggies. RESIST THE URGE TO EAT LIKE A HORSE NOW, IT WILL PAY OFF HUGE.

Stop pretending you don't know how to eat at work, I just friggin told you.

2. Make sure you crush a workout 4 days per week minimum. Again if you don't know exactly what to do, ask.

3. Allow yourself three cheat meals per week. 3 meals, not days, tubby. And guess what, 11 bud lights and a small appetizers at Cole's Tavern is a cheat meal.
Let me know if I can help you in any way,
Sull

No comments: