Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lead from the front...


Any leader worth anything knows that you have to lead from the front. You can't hide behind words and inaction. This entry will be about how I plan to set an example for my clients. I really hate it when I hear someone giving advice or sharing some insight on a subject that they have no business advising on. Some examples:

1. Fat Personal Trainers. Trainers who have their clients performing things that they couldn't do if their life depended on it. For this reason alone, I make sure I can perform the tasks I am asking of my clients and athletes at a high level.

2. Business Consultants who have never been in business for themselves. Why would I listen to a guy tell me how to run my business when he gets a guaranteed paycheck from a corporation every two weeks? I want advice form a guy who once was eating Ramen Noodles, sleeping in a shitty apartment, driving a 93 Corolla, and now is eating at Abe and Louie's, owning a condo downtown, and driving a beautiful sled because he built his business to support his lifestyle.

3. John Clayton. This guy is an NFL analyst (see picture above) whose opinion comes highly regarded from sports fans everywhere. I mean this guy is an authority on a sport played by the world's greatest athletes? Look at him.

Where am I going with all of this?

Well this holiday season I would guess that I probably put on 8 or 10 pounds of body fat by eating and drinking pretty much exactly what I wanted, when I wanted. Did I have fun? You bet I did. But now it is time for me to dial it back in and get really lean again. Here is how I plan on doing it, and how you should plan as well.

1. I will be eliminating starchy carbs altogether except at breakfast.

2. I will drink a gallon of water everday.

3. I will lift heavy weights 4 times per week to preserve the mucle mass I have built.

4. I will add 3 sessions of high intensity cardio during the week.

5. I will make sure my carbs come in the form of a variety of fruit and veggies.

6. I will make sure I consume a lean protein at every meal.

7. I will eat 6 meals per day.

8. I will take a break from my diet every Sunday.

I realize that not eveyone has the luxury of owning a gym and spending most of your time there, but I do believe you could implement a lot of the changes I am making and see some serious progress.

By March 31st, I plan on being 190 lbs of twisted steel. Where do you plan on being?


Let me help you get there.


Lets Get After It,

TS
781 831 3901

2 comments:

Brett M said...

Challenge accepted. Can you please add Tim Kurkjian to your list.

See you April 10th @ Westwood Station.

Mikey Aylward said...

I also accept this challenge Sull. What is april 10th a westwood station. it is a long shot but i may be home by then. please also add members of "code pink" to your list of dickheads