Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl Weekend in Review

This past weekend I headed north to Vermont and New York State to watch my brother play hockey for Babson. They played well at Castleton and won 7-2, then turned around and pissed one away the following day to Skidmore 4-1. My Dad and I spent Friday night at a Best Western in Rutland Vermont. We arrived at the hotel at about 5pm, which is two hours before game time at Castleton. The plan for the night was to go to the game, go out to dinner, and have a few beers back at the hotel. Knowing that I was going to be having a decent sized meal, and some wobbly sauce later in the evening, we decided to sneak a workout in down at the hotel. We headed down to the lobby area where the "fitness center" was located. The "fitness center" was a room with the square footage of a penalty box with a treadmill, stairmaster, and stationary bike. Each cardio piece was minimum 15 years old and borderline operational. I began to pace around to think about how to put together the training session when I noticed the reserve water jug refills for the water cooler. These things weigh maybe 35 pounds and were just the tool we needed. We squatted with them, rowed them and did some other bodyweight exercises in a 15 minute circuit. During the session we worked up a serious sweat, and ramped up the metabolism. Not to mention loosening up the old joints after the 3+ hour car ride. Even though these weren't optimal conditions, it is these little workouts that will help you stay on track with all of your physique goals.


Super Bowl Sunday

SBS is a holiday where I don't believe you should try to diet through. It is an occasion to eat and relax and be with friends and family. I knew I was going to be eating a pretty impressive spread, so I made sure to train in the morning when I woke up.

I thought the game was an excellent watch, enjoyed the boss at halftime (I thought Glory Days was his best song), and laughed out loud at some of the commercials. My favorite commercial moments were the guy being thrown out the window (Bud Light), and the career builder commercial with the woman screaming in her car, followed by the koala bear being punched in the face.

Progress Report

Where are you on your goals or New Years Resolutions? Have you made significant progress? If so, congratulations. If not, why not just set a new goal and get yourself back on track. No sense beating yourself up about failing on your resolution, just set a new goal, dust yourself off and get back after it. Personally I am down about 8 pounds, on my way back to 190 lbs of twisted steel by March 31st.

If I can help you at all drop me a line.

Best,

TSull
tssullivanjr@gmail.com

No comments: