Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Congratulations: Richie Aylward


I wanted to take a short moment to say congratulations formally to Richie Aylward. Rich was recently accepted into the Massachusetts Maritime Academy and will be joining the Buccaneers next Fall. Richie has been training with me since I started out on my own. Between sessions in the basement/garage and local shopping mall parking lots, Rich has established himself as a big, strong, athletic kid who will play Football and Track & Field in college. More importantly for Richie, he will be attending a school that will allow him to pursue a career on the high seas. Having spent a lot of time on boats with Rich, most memorably a voyage from Buzzards Bay to Nantucket Island in a hail storm in 6 foot seas (on a 19 foot boat) to celebrate July 4th, I know this next step for him is the right one. So congratulations Richie, thanks for your support my friend.

No comments: