Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday October 6th


Today I had a pretty laid back training session for myself. Started with a dynamic warmup, did some mobility drills, played around with 4 sets of 1 arm barbell snatch, 2 sets of max reps pullups (17, 11), and some reverse lunges loaded with a barbell (for some reason with my right knee pain I can reverse lunge with minimal pain.)

Right now I am watching Jon Lester do battle with the Angels. Hopefully the Red Sox can close them out tonight. On a side note, I think anyone who has ever had a lower back injury can respect what JD Drew is playing through right now.

Last night I played hockey with some guys in Rockland at the Bavis Rink. Me and Houghs Neck Legend Matt Gibbons laid the wood to some dudes. 2 Goals and 3 assists for me, five point night, no big deal.

A couple of highlights from my athletes today were Richie Aylward overhead squatting 135 for sets of 5, Brian MacDonald doing 4 sets of 5 chinups after being able to do zero about 8 weeks ago, and having Brendan Gallahue back in the gym is always fun. Bryan Talbot joined the squad today too in preparation for BC High's upcoming hockey season.

No comments: