Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday October 7, 2008


Brian Sullivan pictured above with Matt Brennan...
Today I didn't have a whole lot of time to train as I was catching up on some work. So I decided to head out to the beach behind my parents' house in Quincy. I grabbed a 4 foot piece of telephone pole that was leftover from building the pier out back and dragged it down to the beach. For the next 20 minutes I cleaned and pressed it, tossed it end over end, carried it, and cursed at it. By the end of it I was breathing heavy and had built up a lather.

I wanted to give a shout-out to thefitcast.com. Jimmy Smith and Kevin Larrabee conduct some terrific interviews over there and the archives are posted. They have some of the biggest names in fitness, nutrition and strength. Today I listened to an Eric Cressey interview and a Mike Boyle QandA session. Oh yeah, and it is free.

Right now I am watching one of my favorite shows, The Biggest Loser. I am fascinated by it. I mean these people lose a whole human's worth of weight. I also like to watch the workout segments. I usually have to bite my tongue because some of the exercises look really stupid to have these severely deconditioned folks performing, but then again, in the end they deliver results and from the looks of it, minimal injuries. I also may have a slight crush on Jillian.

Some highlights from the gym today include Eddie O'Connor doing three sets of pullups for 15, 12, 12, bulgarian split squatting 145 for sets of three and the BC High boys putting up some decent bench numbers. On a different note I have been experimenting with Tabata slideboard intervals and they are really hard but they tend to look like dog shit when my athletes attempt them. Thinking of getting rid of these.

Also had a productive session with the Boston Patriots tonight. More on that later.

No comments: